Gallery

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Riding a horse at level 5 (free LOTRO key)


Unbelievable though it may sound, I've recently started playing LOTRO again. While the game is pretty much deserted, some people of an old befriended kinship were planning to do some on-level Moria nostalgia runs and Conrad and I thought it'd be fun to join them.

Since my main characters are all higher than level 60 (too high for Moria), I decided to level up one of my lower level characters. As I never really got into my level 25 dwarf guardian (somehow I just don't get into playing small characters, same with playing males), I finally gave in and decided to level a human guardian from scratch. So this is my new guardian Ravalyn, freshly outfitted with some stuff I found in my wardrobe, riding through Bree-land.

LOTRO starter pack giveaway

I'll tell more about our adventures in another post, but for now I wanted to point out a nice promotion I bumped into, namely getting to ride a horse starting at level 5 (instead of level 15 or 25). I'm not usually one for parroting game promotions, but I thought this one is too good to pass for anyone who has a LOTRO account and might want to level up a character at some point. Even if you're not actively playing right now, I'd just do this while the option is there.  

So how does it work? You sign up for a key to be sent to your e-mail address (don't forget to untick the box if you don't want advertisement by mail), it doesn't have to be the same e-mail you use for your game account. The key bestows a pack containing: Chestnut Steed, Riding Skill, 100% Experience Boost, 5x Universal Healing Potions, Exclusive Cosmetic Armor: Masterwork Breastplate, Skill and Slayer Deed Boost.

There's about 4600 keys available at the moment of writing and with the amount of LOTRO players around these days, I don't think they are going anywhere any time soon. So even if you're reading this a while after this post was published, it may be worth checking out the link above.

After that, login to your Turbine account and enter the key you got by e-mail to activate your packs in-game. You can now ride horses from level 5 onwards on any character tied to your account (including future characters). Enjoy!

PS If you liked this, feel free to share with your friends, kinship or repost.

Edit (28 September 2015): all keys have been used up by now.


2 comments :

  1. Thank you for the info~! I signed Jen and I up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it was useful! After the radio silence on this post I thought truly nobody still plays the game.

      Delete

You can insert links, images and videos to your comment using these tricks.